Sunday, October 26, 2014

Filipiniana Galore




If you're looking for a place to conduct research that requires references that deal with topics pertaining to the Philippines, then look no further, as a library is in existence that can help you with your needs. Want to indulge on your book-related-sensual-needs? Are you looking for a private collection spanning topics from Filipina heroines to the genesis of post-war Filipino modern art? An extensive collection can help you with that.

A find has been found. An event of orgasmic proportions, that a bibliophile, can experience-yet, I had. My thoughts: Where have you been all along? Finally.

As I gazed and became more lightheaded for the sheer amount of choices, I was overwhelmed, in the best way. To avoid the kid-in-a-candy-shop cliché, let me resort to my own analogy. It was like eating the best cheesecake I can imagine while in a trance-like process of a dream-world realization. A dream come true indeed.

My relationship with books is by now a not so secret affair I've been having since I was a toddler. Just like any other relationships I had my ups and downs but I never gave up, I never gave up on books, I just chose different partners. Once upon a time, I was an addict to books that dealt with planes, then we broke up, I met cities, we broke up as well, and this process went on and on, until one day a pattern emerged from my new book/partner choices (in therapy this would be the "breakthrough" moment) my tendencies revealed itself, it turned out I loved certain books that talked about a matter I was interested in. Taste. The rest is history.


If you want to pay a visit, contact Mario Feir or Stephen Feldman online to schedule an appointment via their FB page MarioFeir FilipinianaLibrary.

No comments:

Post a Comment